Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Valentine's Day Aftermath

Just thought I would update for fun. I took Austin to the doctor on Sunday and he has a double ear infection with a busted ear drum on one side. Poor baby! I tried to get him to take his medicine, but he hasnt yet. I asked for the pill form because he will have nothing to do with the liquid stuff, but he has yet to take any bait we give him. I have one more option for him before I call the doctor. He seems to be feeling better without it, but I would hate for it to come back!
Brian's last day of work was yesterday. Long story! (If you dont already know it.)
Thats all. Just those few things. Just another day in paradise, huh?

7 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Poor kid! What happens after an ear drum is busted?

Kanani said...

Hey, I gave Brian some Nasal wash that I sell. I don't know if he still has it but it should help Austin with his ear infection. I know it sounds weird, but the xylitol thats in the nasal wash help fight against ear infections. The bacteria can't feed off the xylitol so they suffocate. The nasal wash was made for little kids with ear infections. You should try it. It's called xlear. If he wont't take a pill I don't know if he will like having something dripped in his nose. Good luck! Hope he gets better either way!

Katharine said...

SO Sorry about the ear infections for poor Austin. That is such a bummer. Try flavorX its a flavoring company for children's meds. They have every flavor possible. My brother works for them. They are in all major pharmacies. Maybe that would help. Good luck! We miss you guys!

Katharine said...

SO Sorry about the ear infections for poor Austin. That is such a bummer. Try flavorX its a flavoring company for children's meds. They have every flavor possible. My brother works for them. They are in all major pharmacies. Maybe that would help. Good luck! We miss you guys!

Alonso Family said...

i saw that burst eardrum coming during your first post about him crying all night and pulling at his ear...that's exactly how it happened both times Elora burst her eardrums with infections...poor kids. it's just awful to watch. i think if he doesn't take the medicine you should talk to the doctor cause once it's burst, our doctor always made it sound really important to take all the medicine. that pink stuff is horrible though, you might have to just force it down his throat. Elora actully learned to like it though after while but it was hard at first to hold her down. good luck! sorry to hear about your rough weekend.

Melissa said...

That is so sad. :( I hate it when the kids are sick (mine have the flu right now). You know they can give him a shot of antibiotics...Take care...Melissa

Tricky Trix said...

Hi Shannon and Brian! Just catching up on some old blogs and noticed Parker is not well. Can you fill us in, because we don't have contact with much of Geneal's family. Good luck to you both in whatever you are doing.