Thursday, February 26, 2009

Our Mardi Gras

It wasnt the best Mardi Gras. People dont even know what it is around here! I saw that the Discovery Gateway was having a Mardi Gras celebration so we packed up and went! (Going to the museum isnt so bad any more. It only took us 15 minutes to get there! Wahoo!)
They had their usual set up with a few arts and crafts stations that you could make masks and jester sticks, but I was kind of dissapointed! We got beads and I was glad I didnt have to show anything other than my "band" to get them. (you know, the wristband to get in!) The boys loved every minute of it. I think Brian had a good time, too. It was nice to have some family time after finally settling in after the move.
I tried in vain to get a king cake for later that evening, but I didnt find one. I called area bakeries but no one even knew what one was! Where is the culture in this state? Come on! Dont people want one more reason to celebrate? Get some life, Utah! Of course, a post wouldnt be complete without some pictures...

3 comments:

Keeping Up With The Wilsons said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
Thats what you get for growing up around a catholic family :) Culture is lost here....Oh well we will have to make our own!
Next up...St. Pattys day.
You know how hard it is to find hot cross buns here for easter.

Ashleigh said...

I agree! Utah sucks when it comes to culture! Sometimes the people here drive me nuts. We took a Cocomotion (coolest invention ever - hot coco maker!) to our ward dinner because a neighbor was buying one off us... a lady goes "who has a Mr. Coffee pot in the church?" I said, "it's a hot chocolate maker!" She said, "Oh. I only saw the Mr. Coffee sign!" PLEASE!

On a side note... do they sell Mr. Wiggles DVDs? Brady is starting to really dig them and we are going to take a road trip next month. :)

Cristi said...

Congratulations on winning our blog contest!!