Okay, so I wouldnt rank this day as one of the top Valentine's Days ever. It all started last night when Austin began screaming and crying. It didnt stop until today. He was running a fever and tugging at his ear all night. I had to sleep with him and I dont think I slept for more than two hours all night. Drew woke up with a cold and unusually red cheeks. I gave my boys all Valentines cards, Brian his favorite candy- Reese's peanut butter cup hearts, Drew Madagascar 2 (and Austin to share) and Austin a fun little book by Sandra Boyton. Brian cooked breakfast and I got to take a nap from the lack of sleep the night before. Brian took me out (okay, and the boys) to Marie Callendar's for dinner since I had been wanting to eat there since we moved up to S.L. It was really good, although the boys werent. Not unusual. We did leave with a whole razzleberry pie to eat. Yum!
It always seems that on three day weekends for Brian that someone is sick. It tends to ruin the whole weekend. And someone or something always happens on these days that are special (Valentines, Easter) like a sickness or some sort of crisis. To top off Austin's day, he cut the bottom of his foot and now walks on his tippy toes. He doesnt have any threshold for pain, so that just adds to his (and mine) misery.
Can't wait to see what the next Valentine's is like!
2 comments:
Hi Shannon, this is Jill (Delynn's friend, in case you were wondering). I think Valentine's Day is just a day that someone invented due to lack of Holiday (does president's day really count as a holiday?) in February. It's overrated. Hope your boys are feeling better!
I was looking down at some other posts, and that is awesome about your husband's swim team, and his award! I bet that was so exciting!
Ha. Valentines day misery for you- so sorry to hear it. Your boys are SO cute, and a good thing it sounds like:)
We miss you guys.
BUT, glad to hear you made it to marie's... I can never resist thier fresh strawberry or razzleberry pie... that makes everything better:) Hope SL is treating you well.
Love, Heather
Post a Comment