Saturday, February 14, 2009

Move Over, Beckham!

Thats right, here is your next soccer star: Drew! I signed him up for soccer which starts at the end of the month with the rec. center nearby. I got him some shin guards and a ball yesterday and he was very excited to put them on. He is actually a pretty good kicker! I took this video because he was so funny in his soccer gear (no shoes), no pants and his long legs that gave him his high kicks. I cant wait to see how he actually plays! I hope this is something that he enjoys and is good at. He is so excited because he knows he is good and I hope it carries over through the years! Oh, and by the way, I signed Brian up to be an assistant coach. They called and said that there was no coach to assist at this point so they asked if he could be the head coach. I, of course, volunteered him to be one. I will help him out with the ticky tack stuff, but he is going to be the one who is there on Saturdays during the games!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea for Drew. The natural athlete that I knew him to be. I can't wait to watch him play! Shannon, he definitely didn't get his kicking ability from you. Hopefully, he won't run flat footed like you either. :)

Alonso Family said...

i hope he loves it too...i already know he will be great at it. let us know when his games are, we would love to make it to some now that you guys are so close. this is hilarious without his pants, btw.