Saturday, May 3, 2008

Potty Training Days 4 and 5

These days went really well. We went out on Thursday to Salt Lake to meet up with Kristen and Allyson and Drew stayed dry the whole time! We took potty breaks and it helped that Allyson was a big girl too and used the potty. Friday was a good day with no accidents. Brian got off early and we had a great afternoon. Brian promised him a "big prize" if he went number 2 in the potty. I was really nervous all day because I didnt want another laundry room incident like a few days ago. I am still grossed out by that! We all took a big honkin family nap (like 3 hours!) and when Drew got up, he just went and magic happened! So, we took him to Toys For Us (what Drew calls it) and he picked out whatever he wanted. He picked out the Dinoco helicopter from the movie Cars. Its pretty cute. Overall, he has had a great week and I think by waiting, it has made the whole thing easier for me and him!

I have read that some children regress, but I hope Drew doesnt. I just need to stay on top of it until he gets the hang of it completely. I wont have him in diapers anymore! We went to Costco yesterday to buy diapers and in stead of spending 80 dollars on just two boxes of diapers, we bought one box and then a bunch of other stuff. It was a nice change!

Im so proud of Drew and he can finally be a "big boy" now!

No comments: