Thursday, April 24, 2008

Update

This week has been a busy one! Austin's PT came on Monday morning for the first time. She looked at his feet and the way he stands and didnt find anything wrong. She did some things with him and left me some activities to do with him for the rest of the month. She bascially said that he just wants to crawl rather than walk because he knows he can get there faster by crawling. He is actually better at walking when you hold his hands and he stands a little better when he leans against the couch or your legs. She along with the other PEEP people noticed that Drew is really jealous of the time spent with Austin during these meetings and suggested that Austin and I go into a playgroup while Drew goes to his own. We did that on Wednesday morning and Drew was so excited because I told him that he was going to school. He had a blast and it was fun to spend one on one time with Austin while he sang songs and learned new things. We will be doing that every Wednesday until they tell us not to come any more!
I signed Drew up for a little baseball clinic for kids his age at the Lehi Legacy Center. I am trying to keep Drew busy so he will stay out of trouble! I think it will be fun for him to learn something new and interact with other his age. He also will start swim lessons with a girl from Brian's old swim team next week (hopefully!) with his cute little friend Alivia. I think they will do great together! Hopefully Christine can handle them!
I am trying to make our shedule a little bit busier for Drew and I think that I have done so! He just gets bored and I end up yelling at him a lot and I dont like it! We are going to find some other fun stuff to fill up our time as the summer gets closer.
Austin is learning new words by the minute it seems. Im probably the only one who can understand him, but he does! His favorite thing to say is "No, no!" He is fascinatedwith the light in our living room and watches it to see if it will do anything. Last night he was obsessed with it!
Brian really likes his new job. It is frustrating at times to get started, but I think in the end he will like it. It is nice to have him home shortly after 5 each day and home on the weekends. We are getting into a good routine in the morning taking him to work. I knew we could make one car work!
As for me, well nothing is new. Im tired all of the time which isnt new. Im not sure why, but probably because I need to exercise or something! Who has time? If the weather would stay warm for more than a day I would get outside with the boys and walk. Soon enough!
Thats it for now. No new pictures. Nothing really to take a picture of this week!

2 comments:

Norda said...

I'm so jealous Austin is saying actual words! King doesn't say anything except a mix between "ugh" and "ah". I can get him to repeat "mama" and "dada", but it comes out "amma" and "adda". Alright, I'm not freaking out yet, I just wish he could verbalize things!

I definately like the routine thing too. Kendall and I have been making one car work for the past year and we are doing fine. It helps that his work is only ten minutes away.

Alonso Family said...

i forget what PT and PEEP mean? i think you told me once but i don't remember. it sounds like Austin is doing just fine and i am sure Drew is loving the little playdates and other activites you've got planned for him.

i just realized that Natty is starting to get here words backwards...at first it was just when she would say "man-ga" for grandma but now it's other things like "mex-cu" for excuse me. i wonder if that means anything? she says enough other words normally that i am not worried about it but rather found it intersting to note.