Monday, March 24, 2008

Brian's Last Week of Freedom

So, this is his last week with his job at UVRays. He has quite a bit of freedom when it comes to this job- works at home, can get stuff done faster and relax for a bit or work at night when everyone is asleep. He works at Poco Loco twice a week and that is such easy money because he doesnt have too many customers. Although he does have many jobs, they all worked well together and never stressed him out going from job to job.
He leaves on Sunday for Phoenix, where he will be there for training for 10 days. He will be an admissions counselor for the Grand Canyon University based there in Phoenix. I think he is nervous starting this job for many reasons: its 8-5, he has to wear nice clothes, its not involving swimming, it is at an office and thus meaning he wont get to see his boys as much as he has been. He will be working with Randy though, which will be fun at times! So, this week we will have to get him some new work clothes, a haircut and get him on his way to the "real" working world! It is a blind dive, but I think he will be great at it. If Randy can give up the swimming job world for this job, then Brian can,too.
Good luck Brian and you will be such a good "office" worker!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world that the rest of us live in on a daily basis, Brian. It's not so bad; I've done it now for 29 years and have many more years to go before I will retire. Sigh - oh to be rich and aimless...cm

Ashleigh said...

It's always nerve wracking to start a new job, but Brian will do great! Have fun in Texas while he's gone!

Norda said...

Confused - are you moving to Arizona? And you are going to Texas while he's in Arizona? Ah, both places will be warmer than here! I'm jealous!

I wish Kendall could join an 8-5 job for sure! Currently he works 60-70 hours a week! Blah! I told him when he joins the "real" work life, we are going to feel really blessed with the time we are going to have together!

On the plus side, if you don't watch "The Office" already, you'll be able to and it will be ten times funnier!

Sorensen Family said...

Thats true! No, we arent moving to Phoenix. I know its a little misleading, but the school is just based out of there and he will be working in Orem. He is just there for 10 days to train.

Alonso Family said...

tell us how the training goes! good luck, Brian! have fun in Texas, Shannon! we will miss you!