So this morning I woke up to watch that there had been an earthquake in Nevada on the news! Some people felt it in Utah from Draper up to Cache Valley, but no reports of anyone feeling it down here in Utah County. It did some damage to a town in Nevada, but none here. Just makes you wonder what you would do if there was one here! Brian and I summed up what wouldhappen if there was one at our house and the first reactions we would have:

Brian:
1. Grab clothes. No, not worry for the safety of his kids, but put on clothes which he never is really dressed.
2. Grab the crescent wrench, since that is what the news said to do. It is to turn off the gas.
Shanon:
1. Grab the boys and fear for their safety.
Not really similar actions by us! Ive decided to make an "In Case of Emergency" clothes box and wrench box for Brian so he can grab them in a reduced amount of time versus running to our room to get the clothes.
We had a dry run the other night with the explosion. The first thing that comes to mind when you hear something like that is to run out to see what it was and of course check on the boys, but not Brian, he had to run and get a shirt on first. A testament to always being dressed!
Anyways, I dont think anyone was hurt, but isnt this enough stuff to happen out here for a few weeks? Explosions, earthquakes, what next? Oh, wait, eclipses, but that is non threatening. Another "E" something is next?
5 comments:
That is hilarious about Brian, because we are never fully dressed either it seems! I've begun to wonder if something were to happen in the middle of the night, we'd be screwed. Maybe I should turn the heat down and just get used to wearing more clothes...
Man...you remind me that I am SO unprepared. I think that I am on your side with the reactions!
So funny about Brian and so true! It does make you think twice about being prepared doesn't it? The earthquake was a reminder to me to work on my food storage!
Yeah, our food storage has always been the Macey's right next to us in P.G. but now that we live a bit further from a store, I guess we should start thinking about it!
Haha! I love Brian's reaction! It cracks me up! Love your blog!
Post a Comment