We were just having a wonderful Sunday, us Sorensens, we went to church, had a nap, had some Jambalaya for dinner while watching the All Star game,with videos of Austin throwing a ball with Drew and Austin perfecting his pull to a stand move and his wonderful screaming. Austin went to bed, I blogged for a while and went back upstairs to clean up the living room with Drew so he could get ready for bed. That was about 9:45. Then, all of the sudden, Kushboom! Well that is what Drew would say if you asked him to describe what happened. The light fixtures shook as well as the walls. I thought it was a gas pipe that exploded downstairs and Brian thought a house exploded or a car ran into the front of our house. No. We all ran out of our houses to see that it was the cast iron plant just about a mile or two down the road that exploded! Its like 20 something degrees outside and I ran barefoot across the street to ask a neighbor what she saw. We still arent sure of the details, but you could see the biggest plume of smoke one has ever seen right after it happened. I think the whole street of Slate Canyon Drive all hopped into their cars to see what was going on. It was pretty funny to see the traffic increase 10 fold on the street. We hopped in our car to see what it was, but there were so many cars out looking at it that we turned around. Hopefully no one got killed as a result, but then again, who could have survived that? It shook our house like an earthquake and freaked us out. What an ending to our lovely Sunday! If you live ot out of state and would like to know more, go to www.ksl.com to see if they have updates on it!
Austin and Drew Throwing a Ball
Austin Pulling Himself to a Stand and Fussing Afterwards!
5 comments:
cute new look to your website! i love it. i see drew loves running around in his diapers just like Elora did at his age. I just found an old video of Elora the other day looking just like him in this video. cute naky bums! scary about that explosion thing but i am glad it had nothing to do with you, your car or your house.
When I heard about it I thought of you guys SO close!! Some people say they heard in in Payson. I didn't hear anything.
I saw that on the news this morning, I didn't realize you guys were that close. I didn't realize it would affect you like it did! That is crazy! I would have been freaking out! Glad you are ok!
Shannon, I'm excited to have your blog address - it'll be so fun to be able to get to know each other other than once or twice a year at Gardner parties.
I love your videos. That's so cute of them playing catch together. Drew seemed like he was really proud to be the big brother playing catch - showing Austin the ropes. Cute cute.
Thanks! I am glad weve got each others blog, too! Im looking forward to seeing your family although in pictures, more than what you mentioned at Gardner parties.
Post a Comment