Sunday, February 8, 2009

They are the 4A State Champs.

Click on this link to see a very cool video starring one of the best coaches in the West!
The girls, that is! Timpview did really well, both the boys and girls. It was an exciting meet and I think this year for me, it was fun to watch the girls that I have gotten to know so well over the last few years. Friday night was good, I didnt have the boys, so I got to enjoy it. But, not without a hitch. I wasnt planning on driving down to Provo that night, since it was the shorter of the two nights. Brian drove straight from work to the meet and didnt make it. Okay, so his car didnt. It started smoking and leaking and he had to pull off at the Center Street exit. I had to get it towed for him and call our mechanic to take a look. Of course, I had to drive down to get him to take him home.
Saturday Geneal and the boys came with me, and it was a nightmare! The boys were whiny as ever and were actually the worst they have ever been. But, the meet went well with the victories at the end!
Brian got 4A Girls coach of the year. He deserved it, too. He worked really hard this season to create a good team and I think he achieved just that. He had to wake up very early this year because practices were early due to the fact they had to share the pool with other teams.
State is very fun, yet stressful. Im glad the swim season is over so I can get my husband back. I think he is happy that it is over, too, but now he has a lot of free time to fill in with something else!
The Timpview kids are so amazing. They are smart, outgoing and very good swimmers. Ive seen most of the girls grow up in the last few years and it has been a fun time watching them swim!
These are some of the pictures that were taken from various newspapers in Utah. I didnt even bother taking any because I knew some of the parents and of course the newspapers were taking them.






Descriptions of the pictures: 1. A vew from the Timpview sideline. 2. The girls listening to the anouncement of the winning scores! 3. Meagan Stone 4. Isabella winning her race 5. Teammate McCall celebrating the win!

Oh, and by the way, Brian's car is offically dead. They thought it was just the radiatior, which we had replaced, but then they found out there was a head gasket that had blown in the process. Go figure. Take the good, take the bad....that's the facts of life!

1 comment:

Sean said...

Go us! We totally rock! :)