Now that it is the new year, I guess I should make note of some of the goals/resolutions of mine, just so I can sound official and then look back to see that I didnt meet any of them, AGAIN! Well, maybe this year will be much different.
Brian: His goal is to lose weight. The Nutri System is in the mail and he is due to start next week. That is his main goal, along with working out to supplement that. Im not sure if he has any more goals/resolutions. I could make up some for him, but I guess that wouldnt be very nice!
Shannon: Id like to lose about 15 lbs. And get into shape. Over Christmas I have transformed myself into looking a little less frumpy and dumpy and now Id like to slim down a little bit and firm up as well. I was sick of being frumpy and I was blending in with most of the other Mom's in Utah County. Blah. Id like to spend more teaching time with my kids, like spending a little of each day with Drew while he learns something new, but then again, I guess that is what we pay for school, right? But, Id like to see myself as a more assertive Mother!
Drew: He will learn more responisibility. We got him a chart today which is very cool. He is excited to earn magnets and in turn earn prizes. He is going to work on his behavior and whine a little less. Im going to sign him up for soccer in the spring, swimming in the summer and maybe a summer preschool. He just needs to be active to be a good boy!
Austin: I guess talking would be the number one priority for this kid. Id like to get him into some sort of Mommy and Me class at the Little Gym.
As for family goals: Id like to see us eat at the table more. We NEVER eat at our table and it drives me nuts! We need to have a family activity once a week (maybe FHE? something we havent done yet). Id like to have sublime harmony while living at Geneal's! We get along great, I just feel very bad about encroaching on her space. We will do our best! {Yes, this is one way of telling everyone who doesnt know yet- we are moving to Salt Lake. End of Jan.!} It will only be temporary though and I hope we can make Geneal's life a little easier by giving her peace of mind about her house and dog!
As for husband/wife goals: We need a date night! At this point, I dont even care if it is once a month/week/etc. It is non exsistent in our relationship!
Thanks for taking the time to read our resolutions! I hope we can achieve most of them, if not all of them! Ive tried to keep them simple so they can be obtained, but we shall see!
2 comments:
Hi Brian and Shannon, it's a treat to read your blog. I'm wondering, where is Geneal going? You have really cute kids! Take good care of yourselves! Love, Aunt Trix
Long time no see! I hear Brian's resolutions are going well so far. That's good! Call us if you want to go out on a date. We've finally got comfortable calling neighbor girls to babysit. It's been nice to get out of the house alone! Taking Brady to a restaurant is a nightmare!
Post a Comment