Well, as our fun weekend comes to a close, I decided I better sit down and blog about it because it was a really fun Thanksgiving holiday with our family!
Brian got home early on Wednesday to kick everything off.
Thursday was good- we went to Kenna's house (my choosing of a place to eat!) at about 2pm and she had her place wonderfully decorated! I think it was the best Thanksgiving dinner I have had in a long time. Everything was so good, I couldnt pick what was my favorite!
Later that evening, I was trying to persuade Kenna in to getting up early with me to hit the stores on black Friday. She was up for it, but she wasnt really looking for anything in particular. Brian and I said she should get a new TV (the one she had in her living room was super small) and we went back and forth for a few hours. She agreed to go look at them and if they were gone, then it wouldnt matter, she would get one eventually!
We all decided to pack up and sleep at Geneal's house- so we could all wake up and she could stay with the kids in the morning. On the way to her house, we stopped by Best Buy to see if there was a line, and of course there was! We stopped by Sears (where the "screamin deals on TVs were) and there was one lone guy there. We asked him what he was waiting for and he said the TVs! We got really nervous after that.
When we got back to Geneal's Kenna and Brian decided that waiting up all night for them to open and wait in place in line would be the fun thing to do. I couldnt really leave, Austin was being a pain about sleeping and wouldnt go to sleep unless I was with him in the bed.
They left at 10:30pm to get into the mall at midnight and to get inside and wait by the gate at Sears when it opened at 5am. There was a lot of funny things that happened between those points, but you are going to have to call Kenna or Brian to tell you because reading it would not do it justice!
Long story short, they got the TV. Without a problem. They got back to the house and Kenna was still willing to go out with me, so we did. We hit a few stores at 6am to find some "screamin deals". We did.
Kenna's TV is fabulous and we are so glad we could talk her into someting that she absolutely did not want at this time!
Saturday, we went to see Madagascar 2 with the Sorensen's as well. I loved the first one and so did the boys so the second one was great! Even Austin who is notorious for running up and down the aisles during a movie sat through most of it. Cant wait until it comes out on DVD!
Sunday, we decorated the house (well everything but the tree). We are getting a fresh tree this year and I wanted to get the rest of the house done before the tree went up. I must say, our house is wonderfully Christmas-y this year! I love this time of year, especially with the boys.
It has been a fun four days with Brian home. I never really said what I was thankful for on Thanksgiving so Ill finish this post with that:
I am thankful for my family, my own little family, my husband who keeps me well balanced as far as sanity and for my two little boys: Drew, who although has been a challenge the last few weeks but is my first born and my smart and (lately) agile little tumbler and Austin who wouldnt be with us without modern technology (for which I am very thankful for. And Primary Children's Hosptial). I am thankful for my parents who gave me everything I could have ever wanted and then some. For Brian's family who have adopted me as their own and who always have supported us in everything! I am thankful for my little circles of friends, who are so much fun! I am thankful for Heavenly Father and Jesus for trusting me with these little boys. There is so much more, but I would hate to lose the few blog readers that I have by boring them!
Hope everyone had as good as a Thanksgiving as we did! We are looking forward to Christmas!
Brian got home early on Wednesday to kick everything off.
Thursday was good- we went to Kenna's house (my choosing of a place to eat!) at about 2pm and she had her place wonderfully decorated! I think it was the best Thanksgiving dinner I have had in a long time. Everything was so good, I couldnt pick what was my favorite!
Later that evening, I was trying to persuade Kenna in to getting up early with me to hit the stores on black Friday. She was up for it, but she wasnt really looking for anything in particular. Brian and I said she should get a new TV (the one she had in her living room was super small) and we went back and forth for a few hours. She agreed to go look at them and if they were gone, then it wouldnt matter, she would get one eventually!
We all decided to pack up and sleep at Geneal's house- so we could all wake up and she could stay with the kids in the morning. On the way to her house, we stopped by Best Buy to see if there was a line, and of course there was! We stopped by Sears (where the "screamin deals on TVs were) and there was one lone guy there. We asked him what he was waiting for and he said the TVs! We got really nervous after that.
When we got back to Geneal's Kenna and Brian decided that waiting up all night for them to open and wait in place in line would be the fun thing to do. I couldnt really leave, Austin was being a pain about sleeping and wouldnt go to sleep unless I was with him in the bed.
They left at 10:30pm to get into the mall at midnight and to get inside and wait by the gate at Sears when it opened at 5am. There was a lot of funny things that happened between those points, but you are going to have to call Kenna or Brian to tell you because reading it would not do it justice!
Long story short, they got the TV. Without a problem. They got back to the house and Kenna was still willing to go out with me, so we did. We hit a few stores at 6am to find some "screamin deals". We did.
Kenna's TV is fabulous and we are so glad we could talk her into someting that she absolutely did not want at this time!
Saturday, we went to see Madagascar 2 with the Sorensen's as well. I loved the first one and so did the boys so the second one was great! Even Austin who is notorious for running up and down the aisles during a movie sat through most of it. Cant wait until it comes out on DVD!
Sunday, we decorated the house (well everything but the tree). We are getting a fresh tree this year and I wanted to get the rest of the house done before the tree went up. I must say, our house is wonderfully Christmas-y this year! I love this time of year, especially with the boys.
It has been a fun four days with Brian home. I never really said what I was thankful for on Thanksgiving so Ill finish this post with that:
I am thankful for my family, my own little family, my husband who keeps me well balanced as far as sanity and for my two little boys: Drew, who although has been a challenge the last few weeks but is my first born and my smart and (lately) agile little tumbler and Austin who wouldnt be with us without modern technology (for which I am very thankful for. And Primary Children's Hosptial). I am thankful for my parents who gave me everything I could have ever wanted and then some. For Brian's family who have adopted me as their own and who always have supported us in everything! I am thankful for my little circles of friends, who are so much fun! I am thankful for Heavenly Father and Jesus for trusting me with these little boys. There is so much more, but I would hate to lose the few blog readers that I have by boring them!
Hope everyone had as good as a Thanksgiving as we did! We are looking forward to Christmas!
Brian in his Black Friday gear: a swim coat that is way to small, his mother's gloves and ear warmer, his mother's socks with flip flops and of course, a blanket. What a stud!
3 comments:
You need to go somewhere outside of Utah on Black Friday. The stores were dead in Colorado and we were able to get lots of things even late in the day! It was so nice!
I've never been much of a black friday participater. About 10am on that day I started thumbing through the ads, and was seriously considering booking it to a few stores, but decided against it. A lot of the sales I wanted to catch only went till 11am. I had intended to sit down the night before and search the ads for stuff I might want to go get, but that didn't happen.
I always thought black friday was for if you were in the market for a tv or something big like that, which we aren't. We'll see what next year brings. After buying a house we are pretty much broke again. ;) Santa is going to be very light this year I think!
I was SO SAD we missed you guys! GRR! I saw Drew running around right before we were headed out, and I was like, "where are Brian and Shannon?" Geneal told me you were on your way, but we were already late getting going so we couldn't stick around. You're moving up here at the end of January??!! YAY! Where exactly? That's so exciting! Let me know!
First of all, what a cute family! I'm looking forward to meeting you in person. And second, I absolutely love your blog design. I've never seen one like it before. You must have designed it yourself.
Post a Comment