Sunday, November 23, 2008

Drew's Crazy Birthday!

Here is a chronicle of the few days that led up to Drew's birthday and the day of:
Gigi sent Drew a present that arrived on Thursday. Here is Drew opening it. He gets really excited to when he opens packages that arrive on our front porch. A very cute outfit and shoes, thanks Gigi!


On Friday, I made cupcakes for Drew's class. He wanted purple icing with yellow sprinkles. So, I did just that. Austin made sure they were safe for the class to eat.


While we were looking forward to his birthday, it was the longest day ever. We spent all morning cleaning the house in preparation for the party. So, in anticipation of that, we gave Drew his bicycle in the morning, to keep him busy. He wanted to ride it outside but it was too cold and we were cleaning the house. He loved it though- I mean, how could you go wrong with a John Deere bicycle? Here is the video of him seeing his bike for the first time. He was really excited!




While we were cleaning the basement, we got locked down there. All four of us. I had to run out to our neighbors in my pajammas to get her ladder, climb up into our bedroom window and break in our own house. We have done this before- but who would have thought that a family could have to break into their own house twice? Pretty typical of us!

Later that afternoon, we went to cousin Max's birthday party. It was a lot of fun. He is such a cute boy and is getting so big! Drew enjoyed every single toy that Max got and I think seeing him opeing his presents made him excited for his own. Max gave him a really cool dinosaur that walks on his own, but Austin has taken ownership of it. We are glad we got to be a part of his birthday and to see Veronica's Dad, Bob. (and of course Veronica and her family as well!)

So, we rushed back to our house because Kenna and Grandma were already there. Dlyane and Clay came over with their girls, Corrie and Eloy with theirs and "Grandma Bethany" with her girls. Girls, girls, girls! Oh, well. Baby Soren will be here soon enough to add to the boy pool!

The birthday gathering was centered around the "Big" game. Of course, you will notice in the following pictures that Drew and Brian have their BYU shirts on and Austin (and I at one point) had our U shirts on. A family divided. Forever! Of course, the better team won. RIP, BYU, RIP!




Austin with "Grandma Bethany" Note the olive fingers!

I think this is my new favorite picture of Drew!

After it was said and done, it was a great day. Drew made out like a bandit once again, gettting everything he wanted and more. Im not really sure what is left to get him for Christmas! Drew got to stay up late with his two best girlfriends, Reina and Eva later that night. I hope my little boy had the best birthday ever! I love you, Drew!

6 comments:

So many blogs..too little time said...

I am sorry we didn't make it. I didn't say anything to Brian but I have been on the couch for 2 days with the worst morning sickness. UGH

kristen said...

Allyson wanted me to tell you that she's mad she didn't get invited to Drew's party! Happy Birthday Drew!

What are you guys doing for THanksgiving? You should come with us to St. George...we'll be by tomorrow afternoon to pick you up, ok!

kristen said...

oh, p.s.
Go Utes Go Utes GOOOOOO Utes!

Siri said...

Very cute party and love the video of the bike! Are you guys going to make it to Gardner night on Thanksgiving. We should be there for a bit. Talk to you soon!

Alonso Family said...

i love that picture of Drew too...he looked like he was getting all emotionally choked up while we sang happy b-day to him...but i know that wasn't it, of course. it was still very cute! thanks for having us!

Kayli said...

Hey Shannon! Every time I look at your blog your boys are so much bigger! Happy Birthday to Drew I can't believe he is 4! Hey could you e-mail me your address so I can send you a Christmas card? My e-mail is kaylibb@hotmail.com. Thanks! -Kayli