Friday, September 12, 2008

The "Pinwheels"

We were bored and hot (our a/c was broken) last Sunday, so we decided to go for a ride to the wind genrators or "pinwheels" as Drew calls them. They are down in Spanish Fork, so they were too far away! They are the most amazing things- they are so big and always seem to be running! Naturally, I think they are a great think and would like to see more of them go up! I think T. Boone Pickens has a great idea and should go with it! If you don't know who he is then click here.

Drew thinks they are great and Austin just points and makes his "oohh" noise. I guess that means he likes them, too! We also drove up Maple Canyon and found out that it has a great campsite area for a quick camping trip and up Hobble Creek Canyon which has nothing up it but huge homes and NO camping! What a waste! But, we had a good time and by the end of the drive the boys were driving us crazy and ready for bed.


3 comments:

Ashleigh said...

What a fun Sunday afternoon! This is a great time of year!

Jeri said...

take the right fork as you go up hobble creek. there are a couple campgrounds up there. Cherry campground is the one I've been to a couple times for ward campouts.)

there is a nice little CLOSE campground in mapleton too - whiting campground.

Jessi said...

I LOVE those big windmills! Last time I drove to Manti I saw those and was in AWE the whole time we were driving past them!! There's something so totally majestic about them.

Your boys are so cute, Shannon! Drew's got such beautiful eyes. These blogs are fun to look at. It's a nice way to stay connected besides that practically-only-political-comments myfamily site! :)