Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Our Trip to Texas So Far...

We had to get up really early last Saturday to make our flight to Dallas. Drew was really excited to go, so he had no problem getting up early! Our flight was at 6:30am so we left pretty early. Our flight to Denver was fine, and with a small delay there, we were on our way to what I thought was Dallas, but to my surprise, we landed in Amarillo first! I guess Southwest Airlines doesnt tell you about its second stop along the way. They have some flying clause for Love Field (the airport in Dallas) and we had to make one more stop before getting to where we needed to be. We had a pleasant flying experience...no mean ladies...well except for one. Her husband was joking very loudly that she chose a great spot (since there are no assigned seats) after we sat down behind her. She started grumbling a little bit so in my sarcastic but very nice manner I said "Wow, I can see that you are extremely bothered by the fact that me and my kids are sitting behind you...I can tell you that my kids are very well behaved, but we will move so YOU can be a little happier." So, we just moved over an aisle and back one. Little did she know she was about to get the Golden Girls and their Golden Guys posse behind her! Loud as they can be (Im sure they had plenty of sleep) they were very excited to to to Miami for their group vacation. I could tell she was mad about us moving! Oh, well! Screw her! And all of the other mean ladies on airplanes! Ill take one on anyday!

We finally made it and it has been raining ever day since. It has been nice keeping the temperatures down, but humid as ever! We havent been spending as much time outside as I would like, but we did play at the park Sunday afternoon. We went to one park earlier, went back and took a nap, then went to the another park. We also had a picnic there with hot dogs that I grilled myself! They were the best ever!





It has a cool splash play area next to it. The boys had fun after warming up to it! I think that the water was really cold!

Monday was okay, we didnt do much but make our visit to Chick fil a. Visit number one. Mom had to fly to Arkansas for work, so we didnt do much. Just hung out with Pops!

Tuesday, we went to the natatorium but my Dad forgot his camera. Of course I brought my camera and extra batteries, but left the SD card in the computer at home. Figures! So, no pictures. The pool was fun, they boys had a blast as usual. We had good Mexican food that night and Austin must have been tired because he wanted to bring his blankie in with him and he put it on the table to lay on it a few times during dinner. Austin has become obsessed with talking on the phone. He just holds it up to his ear sometimes like he is in a deep converstation!





Wednesday, well, we cleaned out one of my Dad's sheds. Not much fun. I found some old toys and books to take home for the boys. The rest, well, it went to Goodwill! We made a fun to Chick fil a again! We went to Debi and Steve's later that evening and came home. Drew crashed.

Most of you are probably reading this saying "Wow! So much detail!" But I am mostly writing this for Brian to keep up with us on our trip! Im sure it is so interesting to read!

No comments: