Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Night with the Swensen's

Okay, so we had BIG plans for last Saturday night! The Swensen's and us wanted to go up the canyon to have a fire and eat some poor man tin foil dinners and make s'mores with the kids. We got off in a respectable time considering one of our families are always running a little behind and we had everything packed. We decided to go up Provo Canyon because it was close to their house. Clay and Dlyane decided to take the dogs because well, they are kids,too!

We were driving behind them in their truck and while we were following we were noticing that Coco was being the crazy dog she is. She was all over the back of the truck, sticking her front legs over the side of the truck. We were sure that the dogs were safe, but we were talking about people putting dogs in the back of their trucks and how many actually do fall out. I seriously finished saying "I wonder what the statistics are..." and bam. Coco steps up on the tool box and slips off, falling into the middle lane, rolling and finally comes to a stop. All in front of us and the boys! Of course, I run out of the car while it is still moving and pick her up to take her to the side of the road. I am an emotional mess because I have already had one of their dogs die in my arms. Coco had serious road rash all over her body but, to our surprise she jumped up and started running towards their truck (now on the side of the road). I almost died. I was a mess! It was the most awful thing I have seen in a while! She is okay after some bandages and ibuprofen. What a tough girl!
So, we stopped by Harmon's and grabbed some first aid stuff. Then, off to the canyon we went!
To only find out that we cant have fires any more. We have had dry weather lately so I guess they are not allowing fires anymore! So, back to the Swensen's house!
We built a fire in their backyard. Im sure it was against city code, but we did anyways. It was fun. We had our dinners, made our s'mores and Clay played the guitar. The kids had fun playing in the backyard.
Coco licking her wounds.

Reina and Drew

Austin and all of his filthy glory!

Clay chopping wood for the fire!

Dlyane preparing the fire!

Relaxing- what Brian does best!

We didnt get home until midnight! We had fun and were glad to have spent the evening with the Swensen's, even with all of the drama! It just wouldnt be the same without it!

1 comment:

ebudd said...

Oh, Shannon, that's awful! I think I would be half freaking out and half trying to calm myself down so that I don't prod the hysteria the kids would be in. Poor dog! I'm glad that everything is ok and that you guys had a nice cookout despite all of the chaos.