We actually visited her. We all went up to Logan, all 20 something of us. We met her, Jackie, Alex and his wife Jasmine at a great park by the temple up there. It was really nice. We all talked, the kids played and had lunch. It was good to see Leona. It has been like 2 years since we had seen her last. For those that dont know, Leona is Clair's Mom- but not really- his biological Mother died when he was very young and his Dad got remarried to Leona. She is the nicest, most caring lady I have met. I am so glad that the boys have her for a great-grandmother. They certianly have a great group of great-grandparents on both sides!
We went to the Utah State bookstore afterwards and the kids tore up the store. I felt bad because we were like a whirlwind with 8 kids under 5 in the store.
We went to the Utah State bookstore afterwards and the kids tore up the store. I felt bad because we were like a whirlwind with 8 kids under 5 in the store.
After that, we went to Brigham City to Maddox's restaurant. It is a really good place! We have eaten there a few times before, but it is always a treat to go there. The really do have the best rolls and raspberry honey butter in the world.
Although tiring, it was a good time. It is just hard on us family members with the small children to do whole day outings like that. But the boys had fun and it isnt too often that EVERYBODY is together like that. Fun times. Here are some pictoral depictions of what was going on:

Austin handing Aunt Jackie some tiny things. It is his favorite thing to do.
Drew and Zachary in the tree.
I had to put this one of Drew in. Just a typical shot of Drew's day.
Chasing Uncle Neal around.
Us with Grandma Leona. Drew didnt want to be by her for some reason!
Austin and Kat hanging out on the grass.
Chad resting. I think he had a sinus infection. Hrmmm...
Natty "helping" Austin. She is so cute with him and loves to help him walk and give him his binky and bottles.
The Fam.

Trying to get all of the kids to fit in the tree and smile at the same time. It was impossible!

Me and Aussie. He was a very tired baby.

The most handsome tree climber in the world!
Waiting at Maddox's. By this time, I guess Meg was tired and not very happy! From L-R: Austin, Elora, Drew, Meg, Alyssa, Zach, Kat.
1 comment:
That looks like a wonderfully hectic trip! I love the picture in the tree - I can just see myself expecting to cram all of the grandkids in the middle of those trunks and saying "Just one more second - come on, smile - no, stay here! Smile!"
Post a Comment