Monday, March 17, 2008

Swapping Fun!

I did a swap thing through Kristen and got paired up with a family from Tennessee. I was excited because I have family in Tennessee and was curious to find out Megan's take on the state! Ill have to admit, it was tiring to run from place to place with two kids finding stuff, but it pays off when you get a bag full of treats in the end! Thanks to Megan, pictured here is what I got her: Utah Jazz pencils, because this state is all about the Jazz, Lion House rolls, because they are the best smelling and tasting rolls in the state, BYU things because well, we live in Provo and it is Cougar Town, green Jell-O because Utah has the highest consumption rate of Jell-O in the nation, fry sauce because that is just what people put on their fries here, and some locally grown and packaged honey because we are the beehive state! I put a lot of thought into this because it was hard for me (not being a Utahn) to come up with this, but I hope it was a good rainbow of items that make up Utah. It was really fun!





This is all of the stuff that I sent her!




Here is what she sent me: A CD of her favorite country songs, a fridge magnet, cheese straws, toffee, soap & lotion and Tennessee T-Cakes.

4 comments:

So many blogs..too little time said...

Hey, I just went to the site and the video worked. Try it again and if it still doesn't work. Go to YouTube and search Hands on Me~Alivia.

Eric and Melissa Bringhurst said...

Hey that sounds fun! How did you find someone to swap with? It was so great seeing you this weekend!

Norda said...

I think you did pretty well gathering up Utah stuff. I've lived here my whole life, and I wouldn't have thought of most of that stuff (the fry sauce, honey, rolls), just because it is the norm here I guess. The fry sauce at least. Oh, and what the heck are cheese straws? They sound kinda good, and at the same time kinda gross. T-cakes also sound interesting...

ebudd said...

That's awesome - I'm doing an apron swap through a blog called A Feathered Nest. I'm excited to break out the ole sewing machine - and excited to see what I get back!