Since Austin's surgery! He has changed so much from that day and is healthy as ever. I am so grateful for Primary Children's Hosptial and Dr. Meyer. She did such an amazing job on him and his scar although it is still very visible, it looks great. I never would have thought Austin would have survived such a big surgery. You would never know that he is missing part of his lungs! It really made for an awful birthday last year, but I am glad to know that a year has gone by and I could have a good one this year with Austin here. Thanks to everyone again for their prayers and support. We couldnt have done it a year ago without you guys!
I didnt take any pictures of him in the hospital. Sometimes I wish I had, but it was so hard to see my little six week old baby with wires and IVs and a chest tube coming out of him. I remember when we saw him for the first time after surgery he was crying so hard but not a sound was coming out of his mouth. He had a tube down his throat and it interfered with his vocal cords. He was screaming! Sometimes I wish I had a contraption set up like that when he screams now! He was pretty miserable and I had to be on top of his pain for him. It was really draining doing that for 5 days. It was hard to hold him and comfort him with the chest tube. But we all made it and its like it never happened! Here is to one year!
1 comment:
i can't imagine what that must have been like. i can't believe it has been one year. what a blessing to look back and see how far he has come! thank heavens!
Post a Comment