I am just really having a hard time with Austin turning one! He has been through so much this past year and tomorrow is the big day! I was lying in bed reflecting on his "nine lives" that he has almost used up... shall I review?
1. He used one up early, at his 20 week ultrasound when we found out that yes, he was a boy but...there was something wrong. At the time we thought he had Congenital Cystic Adenimatoid Malformation of the Lung. (September 19, 2006)
2. Another when he was born, being wisked away to the NICU without me even seeing him or hearing him cry. He was having trouble breathing and he had a neumothorax in his chest. (January 25, 2007)
3. His CT scan at 6 weeks revealed a much more serious and urgent condition in his lung than we thought, and he had to have surgery on March 9th, 2007. He had a Lower Left Lobectomy to remove the lung that what really had Congenital Lobar Emphysema.
4. In October 2007, he decided to go for a spin in his walker down the stairs. I was so scared for him, I called the ambulance and he went in for an X-Ray and scan. Nothing wrong because he used one of his "lives"!
5. This last one, Im not sure what happened, but he fell out of his high chair head first this January 2008. He was fine, but geez! I freaked out again, but not enough to call the ambulance, to Drew's dismay.
This baby is such a special one that I dont want him to lose his babyhood! Turning one is such a big step in life. I remember Drew just learning so many things in his second year, including learning how to talk, which he hasnt stopped yet! Hopefully he will learn to walk soon, talk, play with his brother and just enjoy being a boy! I guess also Im having issues because he might be our last and I just want him to be the good, content baby that he was!
3 comments:
I would freak out too if King took a dive down the stairs! He did manage to pull a tv on top of himself a couple of weeks ago, talk about a minor heart attack! He was lucky and fell to the side, so it didn't smash him, but still scary! Isn't it amazing how resilient babies are? Thank goodness!! And what do you mean he might be your last?? You don't have to answer if you don't want too ;). I still can't believe he's 1 tomorrow! Happy Birthday Austin! King's will follow shortly in a couple of weeks. Say, are you doing a birthday party? Sorry this is so long!
Happy Birthday Austin! I can't believe it's been a year already! Crazy!!
happy birthday austin!
Post a Comment