Surprisingly enough, he did very well! I did have to drag him kicking and screaming out of bed into the car. I had already written him off by then thinking that he wasn't going to even get into the pool. Then we forgot his goggles and Grandma came to the rescue by getting some "super power" kind, thanks to Poco Loco settting up shop inside the pool. Smart people.
Then, after a little psyching up by Jordan (one of Brian's swimmers) and Coach Matt, he was ready to get in.

He had to go outside and sit with the other kids in his heat. He had NO idea what was going on. All he knew was that he was ready to swim!


****A SMALL disclaimer...you might want to turn down your volume. Im one of those Mom's who cheer really loudly for my kid. To be honest, I was shocked at his performance so I think I temporarily lost it during the race. I am totally screaming during the whole thing!****
Needless to say, Brian was pretty proud! Everyone said he was "glowing with pride". Rightfully so!
Drew with his coaches. They all love him so much and he loves them!
I was surprised. Very surprised. He did such a good job. He was well rewarded with a visit to Toys R Us afterwards. He thought he was something else! This is just the first race of many...hopefully next summer will have a lot more races! Im so proud of my little boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment