I have no new pictures to post. We havent done anything specatcular. Since the holidays are over, Ive been trying to return my family to the normal routine. I have to say that it has taken some time and at this point, Im not sure if I am going to be able to before we move!
Ive been trying to pack a few boxes each day while staying on top of the housework and laundry. I do have to say it has been very tiring! I know that if I get a little bit done each day, I will eventually make some progress to be proud of. Since 99% of our stuff is going to storage, I have to make sure it is packed properly for the long haul. It is a task!
Drew has been a disciplinary nightmare the last two weeks. He has been throwing tantrums and fits over just about everything. He no longer listens and shows no respect to me or Brian. And I found out yesterday that he has been saying "no" to his teacher when she asks him to do something! He loves transformers right now and has a cow if they are "transed" right and wants to watch TV every single minute of the day. I have set up a system to help out with his behavior and some serious rewards with the end of a good week. Im not sure what is going on, but hopefully he will figure it out and move on. We are looking to put him into a more structured school when we move to Salt Lake and are considering the Challenger School. (only if it isnt totally outrageously priced. which, im sure it is)
Austin has been trying to follow Drew's example. Which means he also throws a fit over everything and is very demanding. He still doesnt talk all too much so he gets really frustrated if you dont recognize right away what he wants!
Brian is doing very well on his Nutri System diet. He hasnt even been on it a week and has already lost 6 lbs. I am very proud of him and he will start going to the gym soon and that should help him out even more! Of course, I will be joining him! I cant wait.
Me, well, only slightly stressed. There are so many things to do and I dont make very good progress each day! I know the move will be over soon and I will just look back and think "What was I stressing out about?"
Our Nephew, Parker, had a seizure a few days back. He had some testing done and from what Brian said, the results are not good. Im not sure what the whole story is, but I think he has to go to Primary Childrens to have some more evalutions done. Poor kid! He is such a good kid.
Corrie had her baby on Sunday. He is healthy and they should be home today. We cant wait to meet him!
Thats about it, really. I guess if you want to find some excitement, then look at other people's blogs until we get moved up to Salt Lake! Austin's birthday is in a few weeks, but I doubt it will be full of fanfare...the kid has everything and it is 5 days before we have to move. Its so funny, when you watch the weather and they start talking about the "inversion" you know it must be close to Austin's birthday. Im so sad to know that the happiest, cutest little boy was born during one of my least favorite times of year in Utah.
That's it, really!
3 comments:
Hey! I am sorry to hear about your nephew...I wish him the best!
Max is trying to go through the same thing as well. He laughs at his teachers..we are putting down the hammer and only giving him 1 warning before he goes into time out.
Good luck!!! If you find something that works let me know :)
Shannon! I am so excited for you to move up here! How old is Drew now? I wonder if he is reacting to the boxes and the upcoming move? I did the slow packing thing, boxes and did what I could each day, and the days right before the move, King was really acting out. Then when we made the move, he really freaked out. Our first day in the house and he cried all day. I just had to make sure all his "comfort" items were handy, his blanky, a favorite tv show, and I had to accept that nothing would really get done because I had to hold him almost the whole day. I did find that talking to him about the move kind of helped, I started to tell him we were moving to a new house, and just tried to sound really excited about the whole thing. You know, "Look! This is your new room! Isn't it cool?" and he'd cry, but I just kept it really positive.
That's funny about Austin not talking much, because King doesn't talk AT ALL! And he does get frustrated when you can't figure out what he wants. What is up with that? It's always a guessing game, I have to ask him a lot of questions, because he only knows "uh-huh" and "no" (which he pronounces "yo"). I can get him to say random words, but he doesn't ever use them. Interesting huh?
If you need any help once you get up here just let me know!
Hey shannon! How are you!? I haven't seen you in forever. Your little guys are growing up and turning even more studly--if possible! We will have to get together before you leave to SLC (since it is so far away :)
Post a Comment