So I have to record the last few days of craziness in our family. Starting last Sunday we all got sick with what I know for myself was a sinus infection but for the rest, probably the same. Brian stayed home from work on Monday because he was feeling so bad. He went back to work on Tuesday and for the next few days I struggled to get going again and finally went to the doctor on Thursday.
Friday, our 5th year anniversary, was anything but what we had in mind for that day. Drew had to go in to the hospital for work on his teeth and that was an adventure in itself! We got a call around 7:30 that morning asking if we could come in earlier because of a cancellation. We scrambled to get out of the house in time and finally got to Utah Valley around 8am.
Drew was really excited to be at the hospital. He loved his hosptial jammies and bed. They gave him a sedative to relax him while they took him back to the OR and it was so funny to see a little "drunk" boy! He was slurring his speech and we put a hat on his face and he had a hard time getting it off (laughing while he was doing this of course) and Brian and I were rolling on the floor laughing at Drew. It was a treat!
He went in and had the stuff done to his teeth and came out fine. They did have to give him some morphine afterwards because he was acting like he was needing an exorcism in the post operation area. It turned out that he just didnt like his IV in his hand and after they took that out he was fine.
My son now has 3 silver caps on his back teeth. I am still in denial that I have a kid with those! You cant really see them unless he opens his mouth wide, but still, not on my kid! Why couldnt have he gotten my teeth? WHY?
So we get home and all take a nap. We woke up around 5:30 or so and finally showered and got dressed for the day. While I was in the shower Austin managed to eat a whole bowl of rice pudding from Pudding on the Rice and smeared it all over the fridge and floor and Drew pooped his pants and made a mess of it. He also had pink yogurt all over his face and shirt. That happened in a span of about 5 minutes.
We left and went to Red Lobster to celebrate our anniversary. Not my most favorite place, but a good one. We had recieved a gift card in the mail from the manager there because we had an awful dinner there last weekend. This one was much better than the last since the service was better and the boys were better. Drew wasnt throwing ice at people this time. Austin wasnt chucking every item he could reach on the floor. Last time Drew did announce very loudly that he had to go POOP! I can say he didnt have to poop, but he did come runnning back after we went to the restroom that he went "Big Pee" in the potty to the whole section of tables we were sitting at.
I was happy that day was over. It was just too much in one day! But it never really ended.
Friday night Austin woke up about 1 am covered in throw up. It was the most disgusting smell ever. I had to keep myself from losing it myself! He threw up a few more times that night and finally went to sleep for good about 5am. I went back to our bed.
To wake up with my stomach churning. I spent all day in bed with whatever Austin had. Totally useless. Brian had to take care of the boys all day. It was very stressful him! To add to the stress, he decided to go and buy him a new grill and put it together. I think it took him like 4 hours. He was really mad and fuming when I woke up and went outside to see what he was doing. He did a great job of putting together and now we cant wait to use it! I still cant believe he wanted to take on that endeavor while being Mr. Mom!
Here it is Sunday and our Memorial Weekend is almost over. I had to go do nursery today and it about drained me. This is not what I had planned for this weekend, but it sure is nice to have Brian home for 4 days. Maybe tomorrow will be the good day out of the 4. We shall see!
2 comments:
rough week, i think i only caught bits and pieces of it while were visiting yesterday. now i have a much clearer picture, not sure if i wanted it but thanks for sharing:)
Why does Drew have to have those on his teeth? I have bad teeth too, I hope and pray our kids get Kendall's teeth! And did you guys get food poisoning from Red Lobster? That sounded so miserable! I'm sorry! Happy Anniversary anyway!
Post a Comment