So, Kristen probably will think that I stole this idea from her, but I have wanted to do this mostly for my own good so I could have a better chance of remembering what went on in the past year!
January brought us many things, including my first (and only!) time I had an amniocentesis (ouch!) to see if our little miracle baby was ready to meet the world! I will never forget that moment, I was so nervous and it hurt so bad. But he was ready and we got to schedule the date of his birth for the 25th. Austin arrived at 8:08 am that morning and was whisked away from us in a frenzy to the NICU. He was 8 lbs. 7 oz. 21 inches long! I didnt even get to see him or hear him cry, so I was very scared for his well being. But with the wonderful nurses at the U, he was ready to come home when it was time for us to check out! It still brings tears to my eyes to remember that day, but I think that they are mostly tears of joy because he is such a wonderful baby and blessing to us all!
February was great, just enjoying our new baby and Brian celebrated his 27th birthday. But, of course, it was clouded by State, which happens EVERY year around or on his birthday. Blah! I think Valentine's was botched,too, due to the fact that we had a newborn baby. I cant remember, so it must have been!
March, well, wasnt the best month! It is supposed to be about Spring and everything new, but when we went for Austin's CT Scan at Primary Children's on the 7th, it wasnt good news. He had to have surgery right away to remove his lower left lobe of his lung and the surgery was- on MY birthday! It was a bittersweet birthday, on one hand Austin was going in for major surgery at only 6 weeks old, but at the end of the day, he was okay and was going to be okay. Brian did try to order me chocolate cake through room service at the University Marriott that night, but it was ruined by the fact that they ran out! He tried! It was also good to have my Mom up here too to take care of Drew. What a month! I was also so impressed by all of the nurses (with the exception of a few when Austin got transferred- they screwed his chest tube drain up) that I now aspire to be a nurse one day, when the boys are in school!
April was good, Austin was recovering from his surgery nicely. We had a great Easter. I remember that Brian and I had fun picking out stuff for the boys Easter basket. It was finally getting warm enough to take Austin out.
We made it to Texas in May for a great visit. It was Austin's first plane ride and he did so well! Once again, Drew got to ride Father's tractor until his little heart was content! We also went to East Texas to visit family and had a great Mother's Day! Brian enjoyed being able to get out of town for awhile, too!
June, July, and August were the dog days of summer! We blessed Austin on June 3rd along with his cousin, Kat. We had a great family gathering after and had some family pictures taken. I tried in vain to get Drew in the pool but he never would! Austin loved swimming though and still does! We went to the park often and Drew had a blast playing with all of his "apartment" friends. Austin learned how to sit up and finally was happy playing despite the fact that his big brother was always around to torment him! We spent many evenings at the Cottonwood Club, where Brian coached the swim team for another summer.
September was a month of preparing to move! We had to pack up our what seemed then to be a little apartment and move in October! We had lived in Pleasant Grove the longest, a whopping 18 months! We also went to St. George and it was the worst trip of my life! If it would have stopped raining for a minute, perhaps it would have been more fun!
October was the big move in to a not quite perfect but still fabulous house! I dream of what I could do to it to make it better, but its not ours, so oh, well! I love the space and the fact that the boys have a playroom, Brian has an office and we also have a guest bedroom. Its great to live in a place so big that you dont have enough furniture for it! We got to go to Florida for the first time to visit my Mom and although the whole trip was stressful, I cant wait to do it again! Halloween was good, too, Austin was a pumpkin and Drew was a fireman. We went to Springville and had a blast getting so much candy!
November was Drew's 3rd birthday and he made out like a bandit! Pops and Gigi got to come for his birthday and Thanksgiving. He had a blast playing with Pops downstairs and enoyed Gigi's extra attention!
December brought the Christmas Holiday and Austin's first time around! He loved the tree and all of the ornaments! We built a Gingerbread house, visited Santa and had a good time visiting family in Texas. Santa was very good to the boys and they got what they wanted and more! Austin learned how to crawl, thus beginning the invasion of Drew's world! We spent New Year's at home with Randy, Ashleigh and Brady and played dominoes ( we didnt get very far, there were two extra distractions this year) and watched fireworks at midnight from our back window.
Overall, 2007 was a great one. It was really rough at the beginning, with Austin and his issues, me trying to figure out life taking care of two boys and a husband that worked in our kitchen. Towards the end of the year, things got much easier and I just love having both boys and an extremely supportive husband to get me through the next year!
I hope 2008 is a good, transistional year for our family. I hope Brian and I can lose some weight and get into shape. I hope that Brian finishes school, Austin learns how to walk and Drew can be potty trained! I would like to sign him up for something like soccer this spring and preschool in the fall. He has already started going to Primary at chruch, and even though the first day was rough for him, he loves being a Sunbeam! I hope that Brian figures out what makes him happy career wise and I can get a job to help with the income flow. I think this year will be a good one!
3 comments:
What a cute idea for your blog! I might have to copy you! Sounds like you guys had a good year despite the trials at first! One benefit of having family outside the state, you get to travel! Even though I imagine the trips aren't all bliss (do your little ones adjust well to sleeping in other places?) it still is nice to get out once in awhile. That's one thing I'm looking forward to, vacations/camping with our kids (when they are older)!
i wouldn't have cared if you did steal the idea! I need to go down there sometime next week to go to my bank--my mom will be here monday tuesday and wednesday, but thursday or friday are good for me-friday might even be best because i think brandon has a soccer game.. what is your schedule like? (the 18th)
i loved reading your year in review! where does time go? i wish you guys a great new year to come! we all just might turn into theives:)because of this great idea. if i can just find the time:)
Post a Comment